3D Dateien für Druck in den richtigen Maßstab umrechnen

Gewusst wie!
Antworten
Zigor
Vorstandsmitglied
Spielsysteme: Bolt Action, Lion Rampant, Warhammer, XWing_v1, Spectre, Horus Heresy, Mortal Gods, Cruel Seas, Musket&Tomahawk, Silver Bayonet, Rebels & Patriots
3D Dateien für Druck in den richtigen Maßstab umrechnen

Beitrag von Zigor » Do 1. Jul 2021, 10:57

Ihr seid am rätseln, wie ihr gewisse Dateien umrechnen müsst? Kein Problem...
https://www.wargaming3d.com/2018/11/17/scale-conversion-for-3d-printing-wargaming-vehicles-terrain/

When I first started getting into 3D printing for wargaming, I ran into an issue that every single gamer with a 3D printer has experienced at least once. I found a great file for an object I wanted to print, but it was in the wrong scale. Usually if you are printing for a game like Bolt Action, it starts like this: You stumble on the massive cache of tanks contained within m_bergmans files, and realise that they are all 1:100, or 1:200, the only problem is, the game you are playing is in 28mm scale, which is played with either 1:56 or 1:48 scale vehicles (long story, officially 1:56 is the scale for Bolt Action, but due to the heroic scaling, and availability of 1:48 off the shelf models, some people prefer to go slightly bigger). What all of this means is that you’ll need to rescale your models so they print the correct size.
A Stuart Tank from the m_bergman files printed in 1:100 (front) for Flames of War and 1:56 (rear) for Bolt Action. This is exactly the same .stl file used for two different scales, showing the versatility of 3D printing.

To do this, you’ll first need to do some maths, something that after years out of school, you’ve probably forgotten. Luckily it’s pretty simple. You need to take the scale of the model that you currently have, and divide it by the scale of the model that you want to have. For example, you have a file from m_bergmans huge set of 1:100 tanks that you wish to use for bolt action. The process is simple, take 1:100 and divide it by 1:56, then multiply by 100 to get the percentage that you need to input into your slicer. So, to convert from 1:100 to 1:56 you would:

100/56*100 = 178.571429, or to two decimal places, 178.57%.

Lets say you wished to go the other way, you found a great file from Deweycat for use in Bolt Action (1:56_, and you wanted to reduce it for use in Micro Armor scale (1:285), the maths is simple:

56/285*100 = 19.649123, or to two decimal places, 19.65%

This works for converting from absolutely any scale. But if you are like me, and too lazy to do maths, here is a scale chart that we whipped up with all of the common
Umrechnungstabelle in Google Docs

🙂
Hätte Jesus eine Knarre gehabt, würde er heute noch leben
Homer Simpson, Staffel 24, Folge 9

Fritz
Vereinsmitglied
Spielsysteme: Battlegroup, DBMM, SW Armada, Lion Rampant (in Vorbereitung), The Men Who Would Be Kings (in Vorbereitung), Mortal Gods (in Vorbereitung), Doppelkopf, Taschenbillard

Re: 3D Dateien für Druck in den richtigen Maßstab umrechnen

Beitrag von Fritz » Do 1. Jul 2021, 16:45

Saugut! Danke!

(der Dreisatz ist erfahrungsgemäß ein Satz mit drei Unbekannten und in Gänze eine Mysterium :hmmm :lol: )

Zigor
Vorstandsmitglied
Spielsysteme: Bolt Action, Lion Rampant, Warhammer, XWing_v1, Spectre, Horus Heresy, Mortal Gods, Cruel Seas, Musket&Tomahawk, Silver Bayonet, Rebels & Patriots

Beitrag von Zigor » Do 1. Jul 2021, 21:03

Hihi... Wie sagte Bierwurst kürzlich:
Der Dreisatz...

Extrem wichtig im Leben...

Gestern waren 2 Leute zu Besuch, wir haben einen Kasten Bier gesoffen...

Heute kommen 5 zu Besuch... Wieviel Bier muss ich da haben... 🤔
Hätte Jesus eine Knarre gehabt, würde er heute noch leben
Homer Simpson, Staffel 24, Folge 9

MrKenny
Vereinsmitglied
Spielsysteme: Blood and Plunder, Saga, Bolt Action, Chain of Command, Clash of Spears, Frostgrave, Stargrave,

Beitrag von MrKenny » Mi 11. Aug 2021, 08:52

Ich bin da großer Fan vom Sgt. Scalesby. Grad wenn es um Menschen geht passt der super.

Aber den Rest muss ich mir auf jedenfall merken. Danke!
I am the swarm!

Antworten